Job No: CURTIN612
Location: Perth; 3years fixed-term, full time with the possibility for extension $88,135 – $94,576 plus 17% superannuation
Curtin University is ranked in the top 1% of universities worldwide (ARWU 2018 and QS World University Rankings 2019) and is placed 20th in the world for universities less than 50 years old (QS Top 50 Under 50 2019). Curtin is WA’s most preferred university, with highly engaged industry-facing partners. A major global player, with well-integrated campuses in Singapore, Malaysia, Mauritius and Dubai.
Curtin Corrosion Centre
In its more than 30 years, Curtin University’s Curtin Corrosion Centre (CCC) has earned a reputation for excellence in research, both locally and internationally. The centre is well positioned, aligned and in-tune with industry and the wider business community.
Your new role
As an experienced Research Associate, your skills and knowledge will complement the established CCC team. You will:
- Use your in-depth knowledge of corrosion, electrochemistry, materials, and corrosion prevention to enable and deliver new scientific discoveries, leading to international publications.
- Utilise your analytical skills to provide new insights into new and existing research and industry projects.
- Contribute to the understanding of pervasive corrosion phenomena, such as corrosion under insulation, and mitigation strategies.
- Undertake principal student supervision and teaching activities.
- Be widely respected for your collaborative qualities.
This position will be based at the CCC, Technology Park embedded with the WA School of Mines: Minerals, Energy and Chemical Engineering. The position will involve engaging with collaborators, industry partners both locally and internationally, and developing funding governmental and industry-driven proposals.
This role involves teaching activities and industry engagement.
You will bring to the role
- A PhD in materials, chemical engineering, corrosion science and engineering, or relevant discipline to this position.
- Expertise in corrosion and electrochemistry, advanced materials, microscopy, characterisation, and surface science.
- Demonstrated capacity in a range of qualitative and quantitative research tasks.
- Emerging research track record/potential to conduct quality research and contribute productively to research teams under supervision.
- Demonstrated high-level organisational skills.
- Demonstrated high-level communication and interpersonal skills with a commitment to the development of a collegial and supportive working environment and the ability to interact with students and staff with cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Demonstrated commitment to applying relevant and applicable policies, procedures and legislation in the day-to-day performance of the functions of this position.
- Expertise in corrosion in oil and gas, mining and/or processes industries.
- Experience in coatings and atmospheric corrosion.
- Previous experience in materials and corrosion modelling.
Please access the Position Description via https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN612
What we offer you
The Faculty of Science and Engineering offers exciting career paths and trajectories including:
- Conducting innovative work that will make a real-world difference;
- Interactions with and learnings from industry, government and academic partners; and
- International recognition.
Curtin University offers a competitive remuneration and benefits package, a friendly and collaborative work environment, generous leave entitlements, flexible working arrangements, a relocation allowance, generous superannuation, salary-packaging arrangements including childcare, and the potential to support dual-career arrangements.
For details of Curtin’s employee benefits please visit https://about.curtin.edu.au/jobs/
What we need from you
You are encouraged to respond specifically to the selection criteria.
Applications close: 5:00 pm, Monday 8 April 2019
👉How to apply👈
To be considered for this position please apply directly on Curtin University’s website, https://applynow.net.au/jobs/ni/CURTIN612 – reference CURTIN612.
Valuing Diversity and Inclusion
At Curtin, we are committed to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander reconciliation, diversity and social justice and aim to create an inclusive environment where our staff and students are valued and inspired. This includes a supportive recruitment process should you require any access assistance.
Curtin University has a bold vision to be one of the leading institutions in the Asia-Pacific region. Curtin is now entering an exciting phase as it focuses on further building its research capacity, and improving its already strong reputation for innovation in learning and teaching.
Explore some more http://corrosion.curtin.edu.au/
To apply, complete the application form below, or for more information contact us.
Please only apply via the attached link. Please do not send your resume directly to the above contact.
Curtin reserves the right at its sole discretion to withdraw from the recruitment process, not to make an appointment, or to appoint by invitation, at any time.