I like to share a lecture on materials selection I recently gave at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU) and the "Instituto Tecnológico de Buenos Aires" (ITBA.) The presentation describes various materials selection and corrosion control strategies for subsea oil and gas production systems. A brief discussion on carbon and low alloy steels as well as corrosion resistance alloys is presented alongside fundamental corrosion concepts.
- The offshore and subsea oil and gas industry.
- Forms of corrosion.
- ISO 21457 – materials selection for seawater exposure.
- Carbon and low alloy steels.
- Corrosion resistant alloys.
- ISO 15156 –materials selection for sour service.
- Corrosion control.
Update December 7, 2016: Fixed a typo in Slide 118; the Chromium oxide formula now correctly reads Cr2O3.