I have received a few questions about how to determine corrosion rates from polarization curves, in particular when the anodic curve deviates from a Tafelian behavior. I thought it might be useful to share a series of lectures on corrosion kinetics.
Corrosion kinetics – Part I
- 1. Faraday’s law of electrolysis,
- 2. The exchange current density,
- 3. Activation polarization,
- 4. Mixed potential theory, and
- 5. Polarization curves in corrosion engineering.
Please feel free to add comments or questions in the comment section or contact me directly.